Physical Education (PE)
The curriculum at Primrose Hill Church of England Academy ensures that children are physically active, improving physical, social and emotional health and well-being.
We provide opportunities for children to discover and develop a healthy lifestyle and offer pupils the opportunity to compete in sports and other activities, in order to help build character and reinforce values such as fairness and respect.
We take part in Active Gloucestershire’s events including Gloucestershire School Games.
We follow the scheme Get Set 4 PE and a link to the website can be found here
By teaching physical education, we aim to:
- Meet the requirements of the national curriculum
- Promote a healthy lifestyle
- Encourage physical activity and exercise
- Build self-esteem, confidence and resilience
- Provide all pupils with access to the lesson
- Develop pupils’ academic, social and physical ability
- Encourage good behaviour and respect amongst pupils
- Promote team work and cooperation amongst pupils
As a sports person we want our children:
- To discover new interests and talents and demonstrate an appreciation of PE.
- To develop good sportsmanship within PE.
- To have widened their vocabulary and use descriptive language in response to P.E and confidently talk about and demonstrate their skills.
The impact and measure of our Physical Education curriculum is to ensure that children at Primrose Hill Church of England Academy are equipped with the skills and knowledge that will enable them to be ready for the curriculum at Key Stage 3 and for life as an adult in the wider world.